The Darkguild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A way station for weary travelers, a light in the darkness, a home to a few.

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Introducing myself

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kimalita

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Introducing myself   Introducing myself EmptyFri Jul 19, 2024 12:32 am

Hello people of the dark guild forum. Storm invited me to join this guild as it is a place that he feels safe to speak with those of like minds.
I do not really know what to say about myself as I see myself as just a regular joe-schmo. I will say that I am a married, 37 year old mother of two. I am Australian, however my ethnicity is half Scandinavian and half Asian. I work full time as a high school teacher and have a masters degree in education.
Those are probably my most easily digested facts about myself, giving insight to my demography.
With storm saying this is a safe place of trust, maybe I can divulge a secret of mine. I want to become a god! Yet I know if I had super powers, I'd probably be a villain because I am self-interested. Which is kind of like god already. So, why not? I'm basically there already lol

---

Reading other people's stuff, I have added onto this post below.

I used to have major mental health issues but I don't know, I've... gotten past them? I have learned to be happy, and it is great that I am surrounded by a great support network. Stability, security and love have helped me become the sane person I am today. I do have my own inner demons but mostly they are kept in check. I have a lot of self worth issues and seek validation through the value I can give to others.

People think I am extroverted because I am kinda zany and filled with "energy" when around other people. But I love to joke that if I stop singing and dancing, my inner darkness would consume me. When I am alone or at home, I am just really still and quiet. My existence is performative.
Back to top Go down
TormentedGod
TormentedGod

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself EmptyFri Jul 19, 2024 12:49 pm

"I want to become a god!"
Introducing myself Annoye10
Hi there. I look forward to getting to know you.

kimalita likes this post

Back to top Go down
Storm
Admin
Storm

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself EmptyFri Jul 19, 2024 1:33 pm

In case it wasn't obvious, I sponser K. Her, Ser Echo, and Liz (if either of the other two ever make it here) I would have just added back in the old days but I'm more mature now, and stopped making unilateral decisions.

Was it three sponsors she needed or just majority vote.. I can't remember.

kimalita likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://thedarkguild.forumotion.com
kimalita

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself EmptySat Jul 20, 2024 7:04 am

I am more of a responder to online stuff rather than initiating conversation. Which is funny because face-to-face, I speak most of the time by asking all the questions of others. Kinda funny how we act differently depending on our environment.
Back to top Go down
Brooke

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself EmptySun Jul 21, 2024 10:39 am

Storm wrote:
I would have just added back in the old days but I'm more mature now, and stopped making unilateral decisions.

Was it three sponsors she needed or just majority vote.. I can't remember.

He does learn. Pretty sure it was a sponsor and just majority vote. Umm... Can't really remember. Or maybe we needed three to trigger to vote?

Do we want to stick to voting? That seems kind of popularity contesty to me which I would think the majority of us have been losing most of our lives and is apt to rub some people the wrong way... this is probably not the place to talk about it though. A resurrection of sorts is a good time to make changes though for whatever has stopped working.

Maybe we can do something about the black on grey color scheme that I'm typing this post into... my eyes aren't young anymore and it's hard to see.
Back to top Go down
Brooke

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself EmptySun Jul 21, 2024 10:58 am

Also, welcome to you Kimalta, I'm usually a bit more welcoming, my apologies for that. Where abouts in Aussie land do you come from? I have a friend in Australia and I'm super jealous of the support given to those of you who do need that support there. Probably went far in you being about to move past the mental health struggles you do/did have. In the US we deal with a lot of uncertainty if we can't just deal with it and if you don't have people who are understanding in your life you are pretty much left to deal alone. To an extent is not all of our existence's performative? I pretend to like my coworkers (some of them are actually lovely people, some of them absolutely suck), and my job (boring). It keeps me employed and the raises coming.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Admin
Storm

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself EmptySun Jul 21, 2024 4:35 pm

I'll try to fix the color scheme Brooke.

Back to top Go down
kimalita

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself EmptyMon Jul 22, 2024 2:37 am

Brooke wrote:
Also, welcome to you Kimalta, I'm usually a bit more welcoming, my apologies for that.  Where abouts in Aussie land do you come from?  I have a friend in Australia and I'm super jealous of the support given to those of you who do need that support there.  Probably went far in you being about to move past the mental health struggles you do/did have.  In the US we deal with a lot of uncertainty if we can't just deal with it and if you don't have people who are understanding in your life you are pretty much left to deal alone.  To an extent is not all of our existence's performative?  I pretend to like my coworkers (some of them are actually lovely people, some of them absolutely suck), and my job (boring).  It keeps me employed and the raises coming.  

I'm from western Sydney, Australia. Near the Blue Mountains specifically. I love how Storm likes to joke that I live in the land where everything wants to kill you.
The medical intrastructure is super supportive so I was able to access counselling and mental health professionals with little to no cost, plus also having my informal support networks was the most beneficial. But informal support networks are just the people around you who care enough to help out in whatever situations. So I've been blessed that I've had them.
With my work, I have made jokes about doing whatever it takes to be visible so everyone can see the great work I do and one of the acting deputy principals said that I am indeed very visible. I'll actually be acting head teacher for my faculty for 5 weeks while the head teacher goes on holiday. That's exciting but also kind of daunting.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Admin
Storm

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself EmptyWed Jul 24, 2024 5:26 pm

What even does an acting head teacher do?
Back to top Go down
kimalita

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself EmptyMon Jul 29, 2024 12:04 am

Storm wrote:
What even does an acting head teacher do?

I have the authority to act as the head teacher in the signing of documentation, attending the executive meetings, issuing discipline, following up with students if their classroom teacher escaltes a situation, providing assistance to supervising teachers on playground duty, running meetings... I'm basically the head teacher of the faculty until the regular head teacher comes back.
Back to top Go down
Brooke

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself EmptyWed Jul 31, 2024 5:47 am

Sounds like what we would call the principal here. Head teachers I don't think are a thing here... maybe some fancy private prep schools to make them seem fancier.

I digitize old files, mostly school files, but there's some court and city/county documents in there as well. I've seen some wild stuff in the school files. Essentially around here schools aren't allowed allowed to get rid of any of their old student records, ever. And when you live in a state with 12 million + people in the volume of those files gets absurd after awhile, especially for the city schools in the large cities (Columbus has a warehouse to house theirs already). So we digitize and put them in a database for them, and will store them for them as well. Sounds super interesting, but mostly it's just shoving papers through a scanners. I've handled stuff dating back to the mid 1800s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself Empty

Back to top Go down

Introducing myself
Page 1 of 1